Recurring adjustments are used particularly for loans and allowances. They indicate how much to deduct from an employee's salary as provided by the terms of their loan or how much to add for any incentives or pro-rated adjustments. To set-up recurring adjustments, follow these steps:
1. Under the Employees tab on Sprout Payroll, click on Upload Adjustments.
2. Click on Download Excel Template.
3. Fill out the necessary fields with the correct information.
Column D: Adjustment Type(*Required field) - Select the adjustment type from thedropdown(e.g. salary adjustment or reimbursable allowance).
- Column E: Adjustment Name (*Required field) - Input the name for this adjustment.
- Column F: Adjustment Code (*Required field) - Input a unique adjustment code, with a maximum of 10 characters only.
- Column G: Adjustment Date (*Required field) - Input the 1st date of the cutoff period.
- Column H: Adjustment Amount - Input the adjustment amount. This will also serve as your monthly amortization.
Column I: Remarks - Input remarks if any.
- Columns J & K: Apply Before Tax and Is Taxable (*Required fields) - If taxable, select "Yes" for both. If non-taxable, select "No" for both. This should always be the case.
- Column L: Maximum Amount - This is used for recurring adjustments. This means the adjustment will stop when it reaches the maximum amount inputted. If it’s intended for allowance just leave it blank.
- Column M: Amount will be divided per period (*Required field) - Selecting "Yes" will split the total Adjustment Amount (column G) into two. Selecting "No" will require you to input an answer in Column N.
- Column N: Apply Period - (*Required if "No" is selected in Column L) - Input "1" or "2" to indicate which period the amount will be assigned to. If you selected "Yes" in Column M, you can leave this blank. .
- Column O: Date Issued - Refers to the check’s issued date for the new loan. For existing adjustments, just copy Adjustment Date.
- Column P: Principal Amount - Refers to the approved loan amount for the new loan. For existing loan, just copy maximum amount.
- Column Q: Payroll Type - This will serve as reference adjustment if you intend to include on Normal Payroll/Final Pay/Special Run, Adjustment payroll, and Reimbursement payroll.
4. Upload the saved file by clicking on Import File.
For any further questions and concerns you may have regarding this, please feel free to message us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.