Jobs can be requested on Sprout Recruit by a Hiring Manager, Approver, Recruiting Manager, and/or an Administrator. Basically, anyone with the status of being directly reported to by other employees on Sprout HR has access to request for a job on Sprout Recruit.
If you want to request a job, follow these steps:
1. On the Jobs page, click on the Add Job button.
2. An Add a Job pop-up would appear asking which template you want to use. You can use either the From a Template (Templates readily available from Sprout) option or From a Job Profile (reuse a template that you previously added) option or use a blank template for the job you're requesting. (For this example, let's use a blank template. Click Use for the Blank Template).
3. You'll be directed to the Add Job page. There are 5 steps in adding a job.
First is the Job Information
- Information - Basic information about the job. All fields are required.
- Job Title
- Company - Automatically Added
- Department/Division - Automatically Added
- Immediate Supervisor - Automatically Added
- Contract Type
- Salary Range
- Hires Needed
- Date Needed
- Working Conditions - Conditions at work, such as work schedule, shift type, environment, and cultural demands. Fields are optional.
- Schedule Type - Regular, Flexi, Exempted etc.
- Working Conditions and Environment
- Description - An overview or summary of what the job is; this is a required field.
- Responsibilities - A list of tasks that an applicant is expected to do once hired for the job. Required field.
- Qualifications - A list of things that an applicant must have in order to qualify for the job. Required field.
- Skills - Strengths and expertise that would be nice for an applicant to have. Optional field.
Soon as you're done inputting the information, click Save and Continue. (Or Discard this Job Post if you don't want to proceed with the job request.)
4. Next step is the Benefits and Perks. These are other monetary benefits outside the basic pay that an applicant will be eligible for, such as transportation allowance, meal allowance, clothing allowance, etc. This step is optional.
- Tick the checkbox for the benefits. Click the Save and Continue button once done. (Click Go Back to go to the previous step or Discard this Job Post if you don't want to proceed with the job request.)
5. The third step is the Process and Team.
- Process - The steps the applicant needs to take. The first part of the hiring process where the interviews & exams take place.
- You can add a maximum of 4 customizable hiring process/steps under the Processing for each job before offering the job to the applicant. Examples: Technical Interview, Final Interview, Background Investigation, etc.
A sample of Adding a Process
- Hiring Team - Users assigned to the hiring process.
Click Next to proceed to the next step. (Go back to go to the previous step or Discard this Job Post if you don't want to proceed with the job request.)
6. The next step is the Justification Notes. This is the part where you need to justify why you need the role you're requesting now and how will it help further your department. This is a required field.
Click on the Save Request button to proceed. (Go Back button to go to the previous step or Discard this Job Post button if you don't want to proceed with the job request.)
7. A notification message would appear if your job request was successfully submitted for approval. You can now either click on any of the following buttons: the Go back to Job List, View Job Request, or Go back to Job List, View Job Request or Request a New Job.
Your requested job will then be added to the jobs list.
It seems quite a long and tedious process, but in practice, on your dashboard, it's actually easily understood, and quite direct to the point. However, for any further questions or concerns you may have regarding this, If you have questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.