Just as in Sprout HR, getting started with your new Payroll system requires you to upload the list of all employees in your database. Here's how you can do this.
Under the Employees tab on the Navigation toolbar, Click on the Import Excel button as shown below:
Open the Downloaded Excel Template.
Fill out the following required fields:
- Employee ID - A unique ID to identify the employee.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Birthdate - Follow the mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Marital Status
- Start date
- Employment Status
- Date of Status - e.g. Date when status was changed to regular from probationary.
- Tax Status Code
- Basic Salary
- OT Computation (default value is OT Table 1) - This refers to which OT table number will be used. See this article to learn more about OT tables - How to Set the OT Rates on Sprout Payroll.
- Work Days Per Year
- Employee Type
- Payroll Pie ID - Don't edit or fill-out. This column will contain a unique system-generated ID for each employee once added to the system.
When you need to copy and paste repetitive data, use paste special > Values only to keep the correct format. Remember to save the template before uploading.
*If there are any missing information or incorrect formatting, an annotated template will automatically be downloaded. In this new template, data that needs to be corrected are highlighted in red.