With Sprout Mobile, Sprout HR is now accessible even on-the-go. One of its key features is that it allows you to clock-in and clock-out in two ways: either anywhere or only within a specific location. For a quick refresher, you may take a look at the article here: Clocking Features: Geotag vs. Geofence
The geofencing feature is set up in two phases: first on Sprout HR and the other in coordination with us.
PHASE 1: Setting up the Location
The geofencing feature requires a location wherein employees will be "fenced" to and the radius in which they can clock-in or clock-out. The location can be set up on the Locations page under the Maintenance menu.
1. Type in the name you of the location. This will appear in the dropdown list of locations you can assign to an employee on their Employee Profile.
2. Place the code you wish to assign the said location.
3. Get the coordinates of your location using Google Maps.
a. Go to Google Maps and type in the location you wish to add before clicking Search (the magnifying glass icon beside the search bar).
b. Right-click on the pinned location which is marked by the red pin and click What's here?. This will generate the coordinates of your selected location at the bottom of the screen.
c. Copy and paste these values in the Latitude and Longitude field of the Locations page.
4. Set the radius of the fence from the dropdown list.
5. Click Add Location.
6. Click Yes to proceed with adding the location.
7. Assign the location to an employee via their Employee Profile (Employee Profile > Locations) or through the bulk edit template.
Now that the location has been set up and employees are already assigned to this location, we're off to the next step which is to enable the geofence for the employees.
PHASE 2: Enabling the geofence
To enable the geofence, simply reach out to your Customer Success Manager for the CRF link wherein you will indicate the department that will be able to use geofence and the location it will be paired with.
For example: Salem & Co (department) - The Lair (location)
NOTE: Only the administrator will be able to perform this action.
Once phase 2 has been accomplished, you may now be able to clock-in/clock-out when you are within the fence. If the pin is outside of the fence, the clock-in and clock-out buttons will be grayed out.
That's about it! For questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com! We'd love to hear from you!