Absenteeism provides insight on the absenteeism rate or the event when an employee begins to chronically miss work. Users can track the Total Absenteeism Rate, Total Late & Undertime (Hours), as well as the Total Unproductive Hours and Total Absences of employees.
Quickly answer these critical questions:
- Which employees are often missing their work?
- Who are often tardy and incurring undertime?
- How many were late and absent per Month, Quarter, Year, and per Department?
- What is my absenteeism rate per Department?
- How many days was Employee A absent for this month? How many hours was Employee A late/undertime this month?
- What type of absences contributes most to my Company's absenteeism?
- What percentage are the absent hours compared to the scheduled work hours?
- Did my absenteeism rate decrease this year compare to last year? this quarter compared to last quarter? this month compared to last month?
This KB article includes information on the following:
- How to access
- Refresh schedule
- Tiles in the report
- How to download
How to Access
Sprout Insight can only be accessed by users with Sprout HR. Just click on the Company tab and on the Insight button.
The users who are eligible to have Sprout Insight are only those with the following settings in their Sprout HR Access Level:
Direct & Line Reports
Users who have an Access Level setup other than those listed above cannot be given access to Sprout Insight.
This can be requested by sending a CRF to email@example.com with your Sprout HR username and your preferred Insight dashboard (Admin or Manager).
🛈 There are two sets of Insight dashboards to choose from:
Admin and Manager.
Insight Admin dashboard will contain all reports available, while the Insight Manager dashboard will exclude reports that have critical payroll information.
Absenteeism is updated every Monday at 7:00 AM.
The following filters can be used to modify the records reflected in Absenteeism Dashboard:
- Date range
- By Company
- By Department
- By Supervisor
- By Location
Users may select multiple entries in the filter dropdown by holding on CTRL button. Clicking on entries in the filter dropdown will automatically update the records in the dashboard.
The entries that will appear in the Company, Department, Supervisor, and Location filters will only be those with active employees.
Selecting entries in a Filter will modify the available entries for the rest of the filters. For example, you select Production in the Department filter; then the entries in the rest of the filters will only reflect those in the Production department.
Tiles in the dashboard
Absenteeism is composed of different tiles to make the information more accessible to the user. Listed below are the information included in each tile. The information reflected on the tiles are based on what is selected in the Filters.
- Absenteeism Rate
- Total Absent Hours
- Total Late and Undertime Hours
- Total Unproductive Hours - Sum of Late and Undertime Hours and Absent Hours
- Cost of Absenteeism
- Cost Unproductive Hours
- Absenteeism Rate Monthly Trend
- Cost of Absenteeism Trend
- Employee List
- The columns contain Company, Department, Employee, Total Days Worked, Late & Undertime Hours, Total Absent Days, and Absenteeism Rate.
How to Download
Users are able to extract the records in Daily Attendance into an Excel file (.xlsx) with these easy steps.
Hover over a tile in the report and click on the More Options button.
Select Export data.
And click on the Export button.