Headcount helps you monitor the growth of your organization.
Quickly answer these critical questions
- Which department is growing faster than the others? Does this align with the overall company growth strategy?
- What is my year on year growth rate? Am I growing too fast?
- How many new hires do we have? how many left? this month? this year?
- How many hires did I have this year compared to last year's same month?
- How many hires did I have this year compared to last year per department?
- How many left this year vs last year?
This KB article includes information on the following:
- How to access
- Refresh schedule
- Tiles in the report
- How to download
How to Access
Sprout Insight can only be accessed by users with Sprout HR. Just click on the Company tab and on the Insight button.
The users who are eligible to have Sprout Insight are only those with the following settings in their Sprout HR Access Level:
Direct & Line Reports
Users who have an Access Level setup other than those listed above cannot be given access to Sprout Insight.
This can be requested by sending a CRF to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Sprout HR username and your preferred Insight dashboard (Admin or Manager).
🛈 There are two sets of Insight dashboards to choose from:
Admin and Manager.
Insight Admin dashboard will contain all reports available, while the Insight Manager dashboard will exclude reports that have critical payroll information.
Headcount is updated daily at 7:00 AM
The following filters can be used to modify the records reflected in Daily Attendance:
- By Company
- By Department
- By Supervisor
- By Cost Center
- By Employment Status
- By Location
Users may select multiple entries in the filter dropdown by holding on CTRL button. Clicking on entries in the filter dropdown will automatically update the records in the dashboard.
The entries that will appear in the filters will only be those with active employees.
Selecting entries in a Filter will modify the available entries for the rest of the filters. For example, you select Production in the Department filter; then the entries in the rest of the filters will only reflect those in the Production department.
Tiles in the dashboard
Headcount is composed of different tiles to make the information more accessible to the user. Listed below is the information included in each tile:
- Total Active Employees
- Extended Part-Time
- Contractual/Project Base
- On PIP
Only active Employment Statuses are considered here.
2. Hired Employees
- New Hires Previous Year
- New Hires Current Year
3. Current Month count of the following:
- New Hires
4. Current Year count of the following:
- New Hires
5. Count of Incoming Employees
- These are inactive employees who have a future-dated Start Date in their Employee Profile.
6. Hired, Separated Employees by Department
- The list contains all the departments in the organization showing the Hires from the Previous Year, Hires for the Current Year, Separated from the Previous Year and Separated for the Current Year
7. Employee List
- The columns contain Company, Cost Center, Department, Employee, Employee ID, Employment Status, Supervisor, Hire Date, Status
How to Download
Users are able to extract the records into an Excel file (.xlsx) with these easy steps.
Hover over a tile in the report and click on the More Options button.
Select Export data.
And click on the Export button.