With this new feature, changes in the work schedules now have an effectivity date!
Date Tagging of Work Schedule is a new feature in HR that can be enabled for your accounts. When enabled, the Admin can configure in the Access Level module the employees who can view their Past and Upcoming Schedule as well as limit the users who can change an employee’s Schedule.
Different Schedule Change Type:
- Schedule Adjustments - allows adding of automatically approved Schedule Adjustments to specific employees.
- Multiple Shifts - allows adding multiple shifts to specific employees and within a specific Date range.
- New Default Schedule - in case no schedule is defined for a certain date, the most latest schedule under this Category will be followed in HR.
This feature has an impact on the Access Level, Attendance Today widget, Resolution Center widget, all Application type under My Stuff widget, Approval Center widget, Employee Profile, My Leaves, My Certificate of Attendance, My Schedule Adjustments, My Overtimes, My Undertimes, My Official Business, My My Team, Resolution Center, Approval Center, Calendar, Leave Report, Overtime Report, Bulk Upload, Attendance Management, Attendance Report, My Profile, and Audit Trail.
Schedule Hierarchy pertains to the sequence on which Sprout HR will determine the priority of Schedule Change Type.
If a Date has an approved Schedule Adjustment, the specified shift in that Schedule Adjustment will rule. Regardless if there’s a specified Multiple Shift or New Default on the same Date, these schedules will be disregarded by Sprout HR. In case of a multiple Schedule Adjustment in the same Date, Sprout HR will refer to the latest saved Schedule Adjustment.
In case, there is a Multiple Shift and New Default specified in the same Date, the schedule in the Multiple Shift will rule. Regardless if the New Default is saved later than the Multiple Shift, the Multiple Shift will prevail.
For more details regarding this new feature, you may take a look at our articles below:
- How to View the Past and Upcoming Schedule
- How to Add a Multiple Shift Schedule
- How to Add a Schedule Adjustment
- How to Change Schedules of Multiple Employees in Bulk
- How to Add A New Default Schedule
- How to Edit a New Default Schedule
- How to Delete a New Default Schedule
- How to Delete a Shift
- How to Cancel a Schedule Adjustment
In order to enable the Date-Tagging for Work Schedules, please file a Change Request Form indicating this. Once done, we'll be processing this on our end accordingly!
If you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We'd love to hear from you!