“Salary Date From” is an additional column in the Add Employee and Edit Employee bulk upload templates. This column was added to the template to avoid any discrepancies in the salary date of employees.
For more details regarding the bulk add/edit templates for employee information, you may refer to our article here: What is the Bulk Upload?
With this new column “Salary Date From”, the users can now provide a date that falls within the following criteria:
- Hire Date and Salary Date From must not be future-dated. If uploaded, an annotated file will be downloaded which indicates that the “Salary Date From” is a later date than the current date.
- Backdate is allowed as long as it’s the same date or later than the Hire Date.
- Example: If the current date is Aug 19, the “Salary Date from” should accept a date that is the same or in between the Hire Date and Aug 19 (current date)
- The Salary Date From is not earlier than the Hire Date
- If the latest salary date in the edit template is “1900”, the file will annotate since the Salary Date From cannot be earlier than the Hire Date.
- If no changes happen in all salary-related columns, it should not create, edit, or delete any records in the Salary History tab (Employee Profile).
- If the “Salary Date From” date did not change, no records should be created or edited in the Salary History tab.
- “Salary Date From” column is required for both the add and edit templates.