CIAO stands for Clock In and Out which allows employees to be notified when it's time to clock in and out. When the notification is clicked, employees will be redirected to the Clock In/Out Page.
- The CIAO notification is based on the schedule on the Shift Today found on the Home Screen.
- This can be best used by employees assigned to a Normal Shift or Supervisor Shift Schedule Type as the notifications will be based on the shift hours. Rest assured, we are working on expanding this for Flexible per Day users.
- Employees will receive notification for the Start Shift and End shift.
- The Shift Today is based on the employee’s latest weekly schedule. If there are approved schedule adjustments, the app should be re-launched to update the notifications accordingly.
Setting up CIAO
1. On your iOS or Android device, the permission for notification must be enabled.
2. CIAO must be enabled on the CIAO page. To customize the reminder for clock in and out, go to Clock In and/or Clock Out to set the preferred interval: 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins or 1 hour before the clock in or after clock out. Default Remind Me interval is 10 minutes.
The CIAO notifications will be prompted to the employee’s notification center.
Two kinds of alerts will be prompted:
- Reminder Shift Alert
- Actual Shift Alert
There you have it! We can't wait for you to use this new feature of Sprout Mobile! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns through email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!